The Crazy Coat is not a CAL, nor a workshop. In a way, it is both. It is a three-month designer’s, online workshop. In the three months, you will learn everything you need to know, to start designing, and crochet your own garments. During the three months, you will design, and crochet, a coat or a jacket – what it will look like is entirely up to you! It will be just as unique as you are. Afterwards, you will be able to apply the same principles and make many more garments. And yes, if you want, you can publish the patterns!
The following topics are covered:
- All about copyright (you have to understand what is allowed and what not);
- Choosing colours to match your project;
- Choosing fibre and yarn to match your project;
- The project tug-of-war;
- Body types and clothing types;
- Creating or finding a template;
- Special crochet techniques to add the wow-factor;
- Finishing techniques to add the wow-factor;
- Resizing garment patterns; and finally
- Pattern writing and publishing on Ravelry.
We use a secret Facebook group for the interaction between all the members. All study material, videos etc, are published on the Facebook group only. Although the course runs for three months officially, you have my guarantee that I will not close the group until every person is done.
The next workshop is due to start on the 1st of May. Book your place HERE. I can only accommodate 100 people in each workshop series.
Soon I will have a Pinterest board up with the Crazy Coats from the current round!